Azure Data Services
The clouds are now the main repository of data and processing worldwide, far exceeding on-premises infrastructure. Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud and other clouds have services for data storage and processing that companies should use. This interactive workshop, mostly demo-driven, will introduce you to the most relevant Azure data services.
Attendees that want to try the examples during the workshop need to have:
• Have an Azure subscription (e.g. set up a free trial at https://azure.com/free , use an Azure Pass free trial, or use a paid subscription);
• For SQL examples have either SQL Server Management Studio or Azure Data Studio installed
• Example data files will be provided during the workshop.
Target audience: Database Administrators, Developers, Data Scientists, System Administrators
Pre-requisites: Knowledge of SQL and programming.
Total Duration: 4 hours.
2023 June 22
San Francisco 7AM-11AM
Setting up a free trial.
Basics of Azure (focusing on data).
- Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Managed Instance, SQL Server on Azure VMs;
- Azure Database for MySQL, Azure Database for MariaDB, Azure Database for PostgreSQL;
- Storage/DataLake accounts;
- Cosmos DB and other NoSQL storage services;
- Other data storage services in Azure (such as Oracle marketplace products).
- Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Databricks, Azure HDInsight, and others;
- Cognitive Services, Azure Bots, and other AI/ML services;
- Azure Stream Analytics (e.g. for IoT), Azure Functions and Azure Logic Apps (focusing on data processing);
- Other transformation, importing/exporting and data handling services.
Working better together:
- Integration examples between these services;
- Discussion of Azure/Hybrid/M365 architectures.