Energize Your Power Platform Skills
This interactive workshop, mostly demo-driven, will introduce you to Microsoft's Power Platform services, such as:
• Power Apps (a SaaS option for Power Users to build business applications, that can be used on desktop or mobile);
• Power Pages (low code business website);
• Power Automate (formerly Microsoft Flow, technically similar to Azure Logic Apps);
• Power Virtual Agents (an SaaS version of bots with much in common with Azure Bots and the Bot Framework);
• Power BI (needs no introduction!);
• Dataverse (an enterprise grade database with pre-defined minimum table schema that can be used in all Microsoft products, including Power Platform, Dynamics 365 and even Azure).
All these services are built on top of Microsoft 365/ Office 365 tenants, and can be integrated with other services, such as Exchange 365 / Outlook, MS Bookings, OneDrive (Personal or Business), Sharepoint, Dynamics 365, other Microsoft 365 and Azure services, as well as thousands of 3rd party services available.
Attendees that want to try the examples during the workshop need to have:
• Create/have a M365 Developer tenant (it's free -go to:
https://developer.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/dev-program and create your own tenant, or alternatively if your company uses M365/O365 and your user has the necessary licenses, you can try with that);
• Any browser should be fine, but you should access the developer tenant in a separate browser profile;
• Example data files will be provided during the workshop.
Target audience: Developers, System Administrators, Power Users.
Duration: 4 hrs.
Total Duration: 4 hours.
2023 July 18,20
San Francisco 10AM-12PM
Setting up a developer tenant (it's free!):
- You are invited to follow the workshop along on your developer tenant.
Quick intro to Microsoft 365 / Office 365 tenants:
- Quick list of Features and services;
- Basic tenant administration (focusing on what you need to get started with the Power Platform);
- Basic Power Platform services administration.
- Features and licensing;
- Getting started with Power BI Desktop (inc. PowerQuery);
- Power BI Service in the cloud (inc. managing workspaces, publishing Power BI content, sharing options and mobile).
- Features, triggers/connectors and licensing;
- Building flows (multiple examples).
- Different types of Power Apps and licensing;
- Building your first app... and your second app... (from multiple sources including SQL Server / Azure SQL Database and Dataverse);
- Integrating with the outside world with Power Automate;
- Publishing Power Apps and using them (inc. mobile).
- Features and licensing;
- Building your first Power Page.
Power Virtual Agents:
- Features, comparison with Azure Bots (and how both use the Bot Framework and tools) and licensing;
- Build your first PVA chat bot (inc. publishing and sharing options);
- Fetching/saving data and executing actions with Power Automate.
Working better together:
- Integration examples between these services;
- Discussion of M365/Azure/Hybrid architectures.